Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Ombré Roses Birthday Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hi everyone! :o)


Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this Ombré Roses Birthday Card:o)


To make this card I used stamps from two gorgeous Jane's Doodles stamp sets: 'Bloom' and 'All Occasions'.



How I made my card...

With some masking, I heat embossed in white roses on a watercolor paper panel. Then I ink blended the whole panel with various blue tone Distress Inks to create Ombré Effect.

Then I Heat embossed in white a sentiment on a black cardstock paper and cut out a stripe of desirable size.

Lastly, I glued the panel on a white top folded card base, glued some foam on the sentiment stripe and glued it on the card. :o)


Card measurements: 108 mm x 139 mm (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Bloom' stamp set
  • Jane's Doodles 'All Occasions' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • black cardstock paper
  • SK thick watercolor paper
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Tumbled Glass
    • Salty Ocean
    • Blueprint Sketch
    • Faded Jeans
  • UHU liquid glue
  • 3-D foam squares, 2 mm thick
  • acrylic block
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
  • Ranger Heat It Tool
  • powder bag
  • post-it paper (for masks)



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #326 - Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Crafty Creations Challenges, Challenge #383 - Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

3) Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge, Week 5 - Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

4) Love To Craft Challenge Blog, Challenge LTCCB #30 - Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

5) Love To Scrap Challenge Blog, Challenge LTSCB #117 - Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

6) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday ChallengeAnything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

7) The Corrosive Challenge Blog, Challenge #1 - Anything Goes January
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

8) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD week of January 29, Anything Goes Challenge
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

9) Tuesday Throwdown, Challenge #424 - Anything Goes

10) Uniko, Uniko Challenge #51 - Anything Goes, optional twist Love
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by later today. I'll be sharing two more posts. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

19 comments:

  1. Wow! Your inked background with the ombre effect looks amazing and such fabulous use of Jane's bloom stamp! You have had a lot of patience masking and embossing all the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background and love the simplicity. Thank you for taking part in the January "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ombre background - love the white embossed roses too.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popolna je! Krasen ombre efekt. Lepo si maskirala čudovito vrtnico, da si zapolnila celotno površino.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zelo je lepa. Ombre efekt ti je odlično uspel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Ombree look Milka woooww
    you achieve it so smooth Love the look and this is my fav Card today I have seen
    how are you sweety I miss you in my Blog hope you are stay healthy
    I get Flu and still must commenting as DT member hehehe
    happy Sunday sweet friend
    Many thanks for joining us this time at ATSM
    hugs
    Monika (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Love to Scrap and I hope you'll join us again this month.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is really beautiful! I love this ombre technique, and the colors you chose were beautiful!! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, thank you for joining us at The DigiChoosday challenge, I hope you'll come back to play soon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We would love to see some of your beautiful creations in one of our upcoming issues of Through The Craft Room Door Magazine! Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
    Hugs & Craftiness,
    AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
    Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful card!!!! Love this !! So elegant card with a wonderful background

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    HUGS Cicci
    TTCRD DT
    welcome to Visit and Follow my blog
    Cicci With the Pen {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, elegant card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's alot of stamping and heat embossing but the result is simply gorgeous! Well done! Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations again soon. Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous resist technique and blending of those yummy blue tones! Love it and thanks for playing at the Uniko challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Ombre, love the floral embossing, thanks for joining us at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Milka, your colour blending looks great! Thanks for participating in our Uniko #51 Anything Goes Challenge.
    Greetings from Wiebke (Uniko-DT)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...