Saturday, October 3, 2020

Toucan Card (Jane's Doodles DT August Spotlight)

 


Hi everyone! :o)

This is my second post today. If you missed the first one, just scroll down or follow a direct link here. :o)


This weekend I'm sharing my Jane's Doodles spotlight projects that I made in June, July, August and September, but I didn't share them here on my blog yet. Three days ago I shared full list of projects that I'll be sharing (here).

Today I'll be sharing four cards, my August spotlights. I'll share them all in separate blog posts, which are scheduled and will go live every hour.


First one today is this CAS (clean and simple), Toucan Card. It was my spotlight project for Jane's Doodles on Monday, August 3rd, 2020.  :o)


To make my card I used stamps from a gorgeous Jane's Doodles 'Tropical Birds' stamp set.


How I made my card...

I stamped a toucan and flowers on a white cardstock paper, creating a "scene": toucan sitting on a flowery branch. :o) I colored them with a grey marker and fussy cut the image, leaving a thin white border around it.

Then I stamped the toucan and 7 flowers individually on a watercolor paper. I watercolored all images in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. I colored toucan's beak with a black fine liner.

To color the toucan, I looked for inspiration on the Internet. I found out that there are around 40 toucan species in the World (source: https://www.beautyofbirds.com/toucanspecies.html). I've decided to color my toucan as Toco Toucan (lat. Ramphastos toco), the largest toucan species in the toucan family.

After drying, I fussy cut watercolored images and traced their edges with a black marker. I glued all images over the grey image stamped on the cardstock paper. I did this because the watercolor paper I use is thin and I needed thicker images.

Then I stamped the sentiment on a white cardstock paper panel.

I wanted to add dimension to my card, but I didn't want to use 3-D foam squares to add dimension to the panel. Instead, I used white cardstock paper scraps and cut two rectangles out of them, just a slightly smaller than the panel with the stamped sentiment. I glued all panels together and glued them on a white top folded cardstock paper card base. Just to make my card a bit sturdier and possible to stand, as the front of the card was quite heavy, I glued another white cardstock paper panel inside the card base.

Lastly, I glued 3-D foam squares on the back the image and glued it on the card. As a finishing touch, I drew white highlights on the toucan and flowers with a white pigment ink pen and my card was finished. :o)


Card measurements: 89 mm x 140 mm (3 1/2" x 5 1/2")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Tropical Birds' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Fossilized Amber
    • Spiced Marmalade
    • Salty Ocean
    • Walnut Stain
    • Ground Espresso
    • Black Soot
  • Stabilo Fiber Tip Pens (Markers):
    • light grey 68/94
    • black 68/46
    • Mitsubishi Fine Liner Black 0.2
    • Uniball Signo White Pigment Ink pen
    • UHU liquid glue
    • 3-D foam squares, 5 x 5 x 2 mm
    • round acrylic block
    • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
    • bone folder
    • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. 3/0
    • scissors
    • water
    • paper towels



    Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by at 8 PM, when my second card for today is scheduled. Enjoy and smile! :o)


    Milka


    1 comment:

    PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

    Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

    Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

    Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

    Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...