Friday, October 2, 2020

Whale of a Birthday Card (Jane's Doodles DT July Spotlight)


Happy Friday! :o)

This is my third post today. If you missed previous two, just scroll down, or follow direct links here (I've announced my 6th Bloggoversary winner.) and here. :o)


This weekend I'm sharing my Jane's Doodles spotlight projects that I made in June, July, August and September, but I didn't share them here on my blog yet. Two days ago I shared full list of projects that I'll be sharing (here).

Today I'm sharing my June and July spotlights, three spotlights in total, all in separate blog posts. My posts are scheduled and will go live every hour.


Second one today is this Whale of a Birthday Card. It was my spotlight project for Jane's Doodles on Tuesday, July 14th, 2020.  :o)


To make this card I used stamps from a beautiful Jane's Doodles 'Cool' stamp set


How I made my card...

I stamped a whale on a watercolor paper and colored it in watercolor technique using a Distress Ink Hickory Smoke. After drying, I fussy cut the whale and traced edges with a black marker.

As the watercolor paper I use is thin and I needed a thicker image, I stamped another whale on a white cardstock paper scrap, colored it with a grey marker and fussy cut the whale, this time leaving thin white border around it. I glued the watercolored whale over it and the image was ready.

Then I ink blended a white carsdstock paper panel with Distress Inks. When I was satisfied with the color, I splattered the panel with water, dabbed splatters with a paper towel and left the panel dry on air. After drying, I drew white dots on the panel using a White Pigment Ink pen.

I stamped a sentiment on a white cardstock paper scrap and die cut a speech bubble shape on my Sizzix Big Shot.

With all parts ready I assembled my card. I glued the ink blended panel on a side folded card base,. I glued another white cardstock paper panel inside my card to make it sturdier. Then I glued 3-D foam squares on the back of the whale and the sentiment speech bubble and glued them on the card.

As a finishing touch, I drew white highlights on the whale and embellished the card with two blue enamel dots and my card was finished. :o)


Card measurements: 127 mm x 95 mm (5" x 3 3/4")

List of supplies:



Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by at 11 PM, when my last card for today is scheduled. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

2 comments:

  1. I have just admired this adorable card on Jane's blog. LOVE it!! The white highlights look great!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...