Thursday, October 8, 2020

World Space Week (WSW day 5)

  


Hi everyone!!! :o)

This is my fourth and last post for today. If you missed my previous posts, just scroll down or follow direct links here, here and here. :o)


Today I shared three cards featuring whales. Such a wonderful creatures!!! 

Did you know whales can be seen from space? Using satellite technology, scientist can monitor and count whales from space. Find more in the interesting article from BBC News (here).

"Boats and planes can't go everywhere, but satellites can." 
Hannah Cubaynes


I also wanted to share here with you a Beluga Whale polymer sculpture that I made in December 2012, for a joint art exhibition that was taking part in Ivanić-Grad. Beautiful white whales.  Find more about Beluga Whales on National Geographic pages (here). :o)

Beluga Whale (lat. Delphinapterus leucas)
Modeled by me, December 2012
Materials used: FIMO polymer clay white, black glass beads, toothpick


And that would be all from me today. Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile!! :o)


Milka

4 comments:

  1. So good to know about these whales...Thanks again for such informative posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uau, tega pa nisem vedela, da so kiti vidni iz vesolja. Super je izvedeti nekaj novega. Vesela za to. Hvala.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful project, Milka!
    It reminds me of the clay oyster catcher I created when I was 14 years old, during a nature week event at secondary school. It has stood proudly in the biology class room for the remainder of my school days.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...