Hello everyone! :o)
I used an adorable Aquarius stamp from Mama Elephant 'Cosmic Stars' stamp set. I've used before this stamp set, but the Aquarius I used for the first time.
For a card base I used Canson XL Mixed Media Paper.
I stamped the image directly on the card base and colored it with Distress Inks in watercolor technique. I also watercolored a background with Distress Ink Blueprint Sketch, my favorite Distress Ink color.
Then I stamped one more image on a scrap paper and fussy cut it out. I made a mask to cover and protect the image, as my next step was splattering the background. I splattered it with water, Distress Ink Blueprint Sketch and white acrylic paint.
After drying, I highlighted some white acrylic splatters with white gel pen and drew more white dots. As a finishing touch I added a Clear Wink of Stella on the Aquarius's outfit and amphora. I'm not a fan of glitter and shimmer, but I'm so glad I bought the Wink of Stella! Look how lovely it shines!!! :o)
Dimensions of card: 127 mm x 95 mm (5" x 3 3/4")
List of supplies:
List of supplies:
- Mama Elephant 'Cosmic Stars' stamp set
- Canson XL Mixed Media Paper, 300 g
- Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Tim's Holtz Distress Inks
- Tea Dye
- Vintage Photo
- Walnut Stain
- Hickory Smoke
- Blueprint Sketch
- Marabu Acrylic Paint (070 White)
- Uniball Signo White
- Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm
- ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
- acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #2
- Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
- Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. 5/0
- Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
- paper towels
- scrap paper (for masking)
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.
1) Country View Challenges, January 2017 - Anything Goes
This is my 13th entry to this challenge.
2) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, January 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.
3) Paru's Card Making Challenges, 1st anniversary Challenge: Anything Goes
This is my 14th entry to this challenge.
Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)