Thursday, January 19, 2017

Watercolored Blue Mandala Cards

Hello everyone! :o)

Today I want to share with you these two CAS (clean and simple), one layer, Watercolored Blue Mandala Cards


To make these, I used a GORGEOUS Create a Smile 'Mandala' cling stamp.

For card bases I used Canson XL Mixed Media Paper.

I heat embossed in clear the Mandala directly on a side folded card base. I colored the card in watercolor technique using two Distress Inks, Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon, and a lot of water. When I was satisfied with coloring, I splattered the card with the Distress Ink Mermaid Lagoon using rounded paint brushes and my first card was finished.


I repeated everything on the second card, just watercolored with more Distress Inks and less water. :o)


Dimensions of cards: 140 mm x 101 mm (5 1/2" x 4")

List of supplies:
  • Create a Smile 'Mandala' cling stamp
  • Canson XL Mixed Media Paper, 300 g
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Clear Gloss, Regular, WA01R)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks
    • Tumbled Glass
    • Mermaid Lagoon
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Marabu fine flat paint brush no.#6
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #2
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
  • water
  • paper towels



I'm entering my cards to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Country View Challenges, January 2017 - Anything Goes
This is my 12th entry to this challenge.

2) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, January 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Paru's Card Making Challenges, 1st anniversary Challenge: Anything Goes
This is my 12th entry to this challenge.

4) 613 Avenue Create, Challenge #193 - Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Totally Technical (create a project that features your favorite technique)
Featuring my two favorite techniques: heat embossing, watercoloring
This is my 7th entry to this challenge.


These two cards were final cards I made in year 2016. Stop by tomorrow, I'll be sharing My Favorite 2016 Creations. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards :) the mandala design is superb!
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing CAs, love your mandalas in these delicate blue tones!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Milka. These are so simple but effective and beautiful cards. Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. So dreamy. That is one fabulous stamp, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. I love the simplicity but with amazing results! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful looking cards. Love the soft watercolour look with this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those two cards looks perfect!
    And wow what an awesome stamp, I really like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...