Monday, January 30, 2017

Year of the Rooster Card (Kitty Bee Designs Spotlight)

http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone! :o)

Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Kitty Bee Designs, my first spotlight this year, and I made this CAS (clean and simple), Year of the Rooster Card.


Two days ago, on January 28th, new Lunar year begun, Year of the Rooster, so it was not hard to decide which image to use and what theme to go with on this card. :o)


For my card layout I followed a current challenge sketch CTS#206 from CAS(E) this Sketch.

Image is paper pieced. I used two images for paper piecing.
I printed the Rooster on a white cardstock paper scrap, colored him with black marker and fussy cut him out, leaving white border around him.
Then I printed one more Rooster on a watercolor paper and colored him in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I shaded red colored parts with red colored pencil, fussy cut the Rooster, traced edges with black marker and softened him using stylus ball.
I glued colored Rooster over "the black one", drew white highlights with white pen and the Rooster was finished.
This is super easy paper piecing. It gives a bit of an extra dimension to images. :o)

Next up was working on the sketch layout...
I masked a bottom part of a top folded white card base with a washi tape and blended it with Distress Inks. I started with Abandoned Coral, but it was "not enough red" so I blended over it with Barn Door. Better!! :o)
I splattered the blended part with water, dried it and repeated the whole process (blending, splattering) three times, until I was satisfied with a pattern. Lastly, I splattered the blended part with Distress Ink Barn Door mixed with a bit of water, dried it, removed the washi tape and trimmed the card a bit.

For a sentiment I used two different fonts.
Word 'happy' is from a Create a Smile 'Make a Wish' stamp set and I stamped it directly on a card base. I got the set in November 2016 and finally used it now.
I wrote second part of the sentiment, 'New Year', on my computer using Impact Label Font, printed it on the white cardstock paper scrap, cut it out, traced edges with black marker and got a lovely label, as if I had label maker. :o) 

Lastly, I assembled all pieces together. I glued 3-D foam tape on the label and foam sheet scraps on the image and glued them on the card. Red enamel dots as a finishing touch and my card was finished. :o)


Card dimensions: 95 mm x 127 mm (3 3/4" x 5")

List of supplies:
  • Kitty Bee Designs '2017 Year of the Rooster' Zodiac digital stamp
  • Create a Smile 'Make a Wish' stamp set
  • Impact Label Font (Important: Read licences before downloading.)
  • white cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • printer
  • Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Fossilized Amber
    • Abandoned Coral
    • Barn Door
    • Hickory Smoke
  • TOZ Artist Color colored pencil (dark red)
  • Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
  • Unibal Signo White
  • Create a Smile 'Snow Dance' enamel stickers (red)
  • UHU universal glue
  • foam sheet scraps, 1 mm thick
  • foam tape, 1 mm thick
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • Ranger Heat It Tool
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
  • scissors
  • stylus ball
  • soft working mat
  • crafting needle
  • bone folder
  • water
  • paper towels
  • washi tape (for masking)

I hope you enjoyed my KBD spotlight card for this month. Check out more cute images at the Kitty Bee Designs Etsy StoreKitty Bee Designs Blog and Kitty Bee Designs FB. :o)





I'm entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #226 - Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

4) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog, Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


At the end of this post...
I'm a Design Team Member for Kitty Bee Designs since January 2015. TWO YEARS!! :o) I'm so happy to be a part of the amazing, talented and super friendly team. :o)
In the two years period time I made many projects, you can find them on my DT projects preview pages, here and here. :o)


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

8 comments:

  1. How cute rooster, love the little white details! The splattered water looks great on the red ink!Fun and lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is adorable! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest little rooster. I love your card design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute ! Love your take on the sketch and fab watercolouring.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge X

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super CUTE!!! Thanks for playing along with ATSM Challenge 226

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see that you also find inspiration in new Lunar year. ;)
    This is the sweetest little rooster I ever seen. And you perfectly coloured everything!
    Love xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the well-deserved spotlight, Milka! That rooster could NOT be any more adorable!! I love how you made him work for the sketch, too! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...