Friday, May 10, 2019

Indian Girl Card (KBD Aloha Friday Challenge #142 Mid Inspiration)

http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

Happy Friday! :o)


This is my second post today. If you missed the first one just scroll down or follow a direct link here.



Today I'm sharing a mid-inspiration project for an ongoing Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs.

The challenge for this fortnight is #142 - For Mom/Feminine.


We have two sponsors for this challenge: My Besties and MMdel Illustrations , so there will be double prizes! :o)

 


And here's my take on the challenge: CAS (clean and simple), Indian Girl Card. :o)


For my card I used an image from our sponsor, GORGEOUS MMdel Illustrations 'Indian Girl' digital image. :o)


How I made my card....

printed the girl on a watercolor paper and left her aside for two days. It was enough time the ink sets down to prevent ink smearing while coloring, as I don't avoid coloring over black lines too much. :o)

Then I colored the girl in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. I used brown tones to achieve natural look (see list of supplies below).

After drying, I fussy cut the girl and traced edges with black marker.

Then I printed same image on a Kraft cardstock paper. I could skip this step, but I find it better when gluing fussy cut image directly on a card base or a panel.

I cut the Kraft paper to a desirable size, folded it and got a top folded card base.

Then I teared some Kraft wrapping paper and glued it on the card base. The wrapping paper is a recycled item. I receive Jane's Doodles stamps wrapped in it and I save them all. It's good paper and pretty. :o)

Lastly, I glued the watercolored girl on the card base, over the other girl printed on it, added some details with a golden gel pen and my card was finished. :o)


Card measurements: 83 mm x 121 m(3 1/4" x 4 3/4")


List of supplies:
  • MMdel Illustrations 'Indian Girl' digital image
  • watercolor paper
  • Crafter's Companion Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Coloring Card
  • Kraft wrapping paper
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Tea Dye
    • Vintage Photo
    • Brushed Corduroy
    • Walnut Stain
  • Hybrid Dual Metallic gel pen, gold
  • Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
  • UHU liquid glue
  • printer
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Xcut self healing mat A4
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
  • scissors
  • kraft knife
  • paper towels 
  • water

I hope you'll like my take on our challenge theme and get inspired. For more inspiration, stop by the Kitty Bee Designs blog and check out lovely projects my Design Team mates created. And don't forget to join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :o)



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, For A Special Lady
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Adorable indian girl and your water colouring looks wonderful!And such brilliant recycling of that torned piece of Jabe's packaging! :D LOVE your idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun make here Milka. Great layout and colour choices. Thanks for joining us at HLS this month.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...