Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Your Next Stamp May Release Preview


Hi everyone! :o)

This month, I'm joining Your Next Stamp as a Guest Designer. :o)

Today is a May Release Preview DayDesign Team Members and Guest Designers are showcasing creations featuring the newest Your Next Stamp May Release. :o)

All new products will be available in Your Next Stamp shop tomorrow, May 16th, 2019, at 11 AM EST.


For today's preview, I made this CAS (clean and simple), Birthday Blue Butterfly Card. :o)


This is an interactive floating image card. I didn't limit movement of my image, like I saw in Jennifer's McGuire video. Super simple to create and very fun. :o)


To make this card I used stamps from Your Next Stamp 'Spread Your Wings' stamp set.


Love these cute butterflies and various lettered sentiments. Super cute!!! :o)


How I made this card...

I stamped a butterfly on a watercolor paper and colored it with Stabilo Markers in a watercolor technique. After drying, I fussy cut the butterfly and traced edges with black marker. I stamped one more butterfly on a white cardstock paper, fussy cut it, leaving thin white border around it, colored it grey and glued watercolored butterfly over the grey one. I did this because the watercolor paper I use is quite thin and I needed thicker image for my card. Paper piecing or image layering are great way to make image thicker. I also find it much much easier to fussy cut thin watercolor paper than thicker. :o)

I prepared a white top folded card base and two white cardstock paper panels, slightly smaller than the card base. I stamped a sentiment on one panel and die cut a tiny circle in it.

Then I made a mechanism for my card. I die cut 4 circles, slightly larger than the circle hole cut on the panel. I glued die cut circles together (stacked them) and glued a plastic letter bead in the middle of stacked circles.

I glued 3-D foams on the back of the panel, placed the mechanism on the card base and glued the  panel on the card base. I glued second white panel inside the card to make it sturdier.

I tested the mechanism, prior finishing touches. Then I glued the butterfly on the mechanism.

As a finishing touch, I drew white dots and highlights with a white pigment ink pen and my my card was finished. :o)


Card measurements: 95 mm x 127 mm (3 3/4" x 5")

List of supplies:
  • Your Next Stamp 'Spread Your Wings' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Stabilo Fibre Tip Pens (Markers):
    • Light Blue 68/57
    • Mid Blue 68/41
    • Dark Blue 68/22
    • Light Grey 68/94
    • Black 68/46
  • Uniball Signo White Pigment Ink
  • plastic letter bead
  • UHU liquid glue 
  • 3-D foam squares 5 x 5 x 2 mm
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • Sizzix Big Shot
  • circle die-cuts from Sizzix Big Shot starter kit
  • bone folder
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. 3/0
  • water
  • paper towels
  • scissors


I love how my card turned out!! Here is a short video...

(incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/


For a full list of Designers' blogs participating in today's new release preview, visit the Your Next Stamp blog.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. See you tomorrow at the Your Next Stamp May Release Blog Hop!! Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

4 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! I love the interactive butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and so sweet, Milka! Love the cute butterfly and your design, such fabulous interactive CAS!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those butterflies and your watercolouring. Love the CAS design!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...