Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Your Next Stamp May GDT - deLIGHTful Birthday Card


Hi everyone! :o)

I have very exciting news to share.... I was asked to be a Guest Designer at Your Next Stamp for May. :o) I'm a huge Your Next Stamp fan and this is a big honor for me. :o)

Today is my first spot on the Your Next Stamp Blog ('Welcome'), where blog readers can learn a bit about me and my crafting style. :o)

If you follow my blog, you already know that my favorite cardmaking design is CAS (clean and simple) and that my favorite (and mostly used) coloring medium are Distress Inks. I love to color, especially in watercolor technique, where I mostly use Distress Inks. I love cute and fun images and Your Next Stamp has them a lot for sure. :o)

I hope you'll enjoy what I'll create and share this month using Your Next Stamp amazing products. :o)


For my first project I went with my favorites and created this CAS (clean and simple), deLIGHTful Birthday Card. :o)


To make this card I used stamps from Your Next Stamp 'Perfect Chemistry' stamp set. I love the set theme, word play sentiments, super fun images and their face expressions. :o)

This is my second card using this fun light bulb. You can find first one here. :o)


How I made this card...

I stamped the light bulb on a watercolor paper and colored it with Distress Inks in a watercolor technique. After drying, I fussy cut the light bulb and traced edges with black marker. I stamped one more light bulb on a white cardstock paper, fussy cut it, colored it grey and traced edges with black marker. Then I glued watercolored light bulb over the grey one. I did this because the watercolor paper I use is quite thin and I needed thicker image for my card. Paper piecing or image layering are great way to make image thicker. I also find it much much easier to fussy cut thin watercolor paper than thicker. :o)

Then I stamped the light bulb and a sentiment on a white cardstock paper panel. I colored the image with black marker. I did this to create extra shade below the image. :o)

Lastly, I glued the panel on a white side folded card base, glued 3-D foam squares on the light bulb image, glued it on the card and my card was finished. :o)

Card measurements: 127 mm x 95 mm (5" x 3 3/4")

List of supplies:
  • Your Next Stamp 'Perfect Chemistry' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Fossilized Amber
    • Festive Berries
    • Hickory Smoke
  • Stabilo Fibre Tip Pens (Markers):
    • Black 68/46
    • Light Grey
  • UHU liquid glue 
  • 3-D foam squares 2 x 2 x 2 mm
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • water
  • paper towels
  • scissors



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to CAS, Challenge #158 - Contrast
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #339 - Clean and Simple
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge, Week 18 - Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

At the end of this post...
Your Next Stamp runs Fun Friday Challenge where you can win amazing prizes. It's a fortnightly challenge. There's still time to join current challenge, where the theme is Clean and Simple. :o)


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

5 comments:

  1. Čestitke za gostovanje. Zasluženo! Tvoje voščilnice so res nekaj posebnega.
    Hvala za prejete štampiljke. Včeraj so prispele, pa ti še nisem uspela sporočiti.
    Najlepša hvala.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.... Love, love, love this card!! Really adorable and fun!!!
    Biggest Congratulations for your very well deserved GD at Your Next Stamp, well done!! :)
    Love this stamp set, how fun and inspiring! Thanks for sharing, I haven't seen it before now
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the light bulb coloring - he "shines" against the white background) Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic CAS card,love it...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY this week,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...