Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Birthday Dragon Card

Hello everyone!! :o)

Today I want to share with you this Birthday Dragon Card.


I made this card for my niece Nika who's 4th birthday is today. Happy Birthday Nika!!! 


How I made the card...

I used stamps from My Favorite Things 'BB Magical Dragons' stamp set.

I stamped an adorable small dragon on a watercolor paper and colored her in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the dragon, leaving a thin white border around her. (This dragon is female. :o) )

For a background I used Uniko 'Block Party Birthday' stamp. I inked the stamp with VersaMark Watermark Ink and pressed the stamp on a white cardstock paper panel. Watermark look: LOVE it! :o)

With all parts ready, I assembled the card. I glued the panel on a foam sheet square and glued it on a white top folded card base. I glued another white cardstock paper panel inside the card to make the card sturdier.

Then I glued some foam behind the dragon and placed her on the card. As a finishing touch, I embellished the card with enamel sticker stars. :o)


Card dimensions: 98 mm x 137 mm (3 7/8" x 5 3/8")

List of supplies:
  • My Favorite Things 'BB Magical Dragons' stamp set
  • Uniko 'Block Party Birthday' stamp
  • white cardstock paper
  • white watercolor paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks.
    • Wilted Violet
    • Hickory Smoke
  • UHU liquid glue
  • foam sheet, 1 mm thick
  • Create a Smile enamel star stickers ('Frosty Fun')
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • bone folder
  • scissors
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no.#0
  • crafting needle
  • water
  • paper towels



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Paru's Card Making Challenges, March 2018 Challenge
This is my 12th entry to this challenge.


2) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Girl Power (something for a girl)
This is my 4th entry to this challenge.

3) Uniko, 6th Birthday Linky Party
This is my 7th entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

7 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, how cute, Milka! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh.... This is a SUPER CUTE CAS!!! Such adorable little dragon and the tiny stars are the perfect embellishments!! Great work of Art, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Čudovita je...tako simpatičen majhen zmajček.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable :) Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko 6th Birthday fun. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Milka, this little dragon is cute! The CAS design is simply amazing!
    Again a big thank you for all your beautyful cards you shared with us on out "Uniko 6th Birthday Party".
    Hugs and lovely greetings from Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is nothing short of brilliant!! I just love that gentle touch of violet.. Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making challenges

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...