Thursday, March 29, 2018

Easter Egg Bunny Card (Kitty Bee Designs Spotlight)

http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone! :o)

Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Kitty Bee Designs and I made this Easter Egg Bunny Card. :o)


To make this card I was inspired with a card I made last year (find it here). I went with same image, same background and same techniques, but there are several differences: card shape, color scheme, this card has no sentiment and embellishments.

I used an ADORABLE Kitty Bee Designs 'Easter Egg Bunny' digital image. This is the 5th card I made using this bunny. Find previous four herehere and here and here. :o)


How I made my card...

I have a pile of unfinished projects and printed digital images. Today's bunny was in the pile, printed on a watercolor paper and partly colored in watercolor technique. I finished coloring the bunny in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the bunny, traced edges with black marker and softened the bunny with a stylus ball on a soft working mat.

The watercolor paper I use is too thin, so I printed one more bunny on a white cardstock paper, colored the bunny with black marker, fussy cut it leaving white border around the bunny and glued colored bunny over the black one (paper piecing). Thicker. :o)

For a background I used Ester eggs stamps from a Jane's Doodles 'Suzi's Easter' stamp set and dots stamp from a Create a Smile 'Eggstraordinary Egghunt' stamp set. I randomly stamped eggs and dots on the white watercolor paper panel with Distress Ink Iced Spruce.

With all pieces ready, I assembled the card. I glued the panel on a foam square and glued it on a square white top folded card base. I glued another white cardstock paper panel inside the card. I glued 3-D foam squares on the bunny and glued it on the card. And then a nightmare of every crafter happened. I pressed the bunny on the card and some liquid glue between two bunny images leaked out and smeared bunny's ears. I didn't want to start all over again, instead I tried to repair the damage.

I left the glue dry and then I removed the glue with an eraser. I pressed gently on the surface and moved eraser in circle motion over the leaked glue. Eraser has to be extra clean! I fixed the smear  with Clear Wink of Stella and coated whole image with it.

Shinny and successful repair. :o)

Card dimensions: 95 mm x 95 m(3 3/4" x 3 3/4")

List of supplies:
  • Kitty Bee Designs 'Easter Egg Bunny' digital image
  • Jane's Doodles 'Suzi's Easter' stamp set (background eggs)
  • Create a Smile 'Eggstraordinary Egghunt' stamp set (background dots)
  • white cardstock paper
  • white watercolor paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Twisted Citron
    • Salty Ocean
    • Hickory Smoke
    • Iced Spruce
  • Stabilo Fiber Tip Pen (Marker) 68/46, Black
  • ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. Clear 999)
  • UHU liquid glue
  • 3-D foam squares 2 mm thick
  • foam sheet square, 3 mm thick
  • printer
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • 2 acrylic blocks (80 mm x 80 mm)
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
  • scissors
  • paper towels 
  • water
  • stylus ball
  • soft working mat
  • eraser

I hope you'll like my KBD spotlight project for this month and get inspired. For more inspiration and cute images jump over to the Kitty Bee Designs Etsy StoreKitty Bee Designs Blog and Kitty Bee Designs FB. :o)



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Creative With Stamps, CWS Challenge, #24: Bunny

2) Fusion Card Challenge, Easter Bunny
Inspiration photo challenge.
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Paru's Card Making Challenges, March 2018 Challenge
This is my 15th entry to this challenge.

4) Sweet Stampers Challenge Blog, Challenge #18 - Spring or Easter
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

5) Uniko, Challenge #46: Colours, optional twist: Easter
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.
I used only 2 colors from your pretty color palette.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

14 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Milka !!! The stamped easter egg background fits great. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know very well what your own card inspired you :D I love it :) and also this one is just fabulous with the adorable bunny and the eggs background!!
    Happy Easter dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I LOVE your easter background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Easter card Milka, love this kind of design.
    I am your latest follower, pop bye and follow me if you wish.
    x
    💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Milka ova čestitka je baš preslatka!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweet bunny! So cute against the delightful Easter egg background! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, I love the background and the pop of blue and green x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Easter card Milka.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable! I love how the bunny pops against the egg background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is adorable Milka!!! Just love the neutral background and the pop of colour! Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making challenges

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so simple and sweet. I love the egg background! Thanks for playing along with our April challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful coloring and darling CAS design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely adorable image, design and colouring just perfect and thanks for playing at Uniko this month

    ReplyDelete
  14. CAslicious, absolutely love it! thanks for joining us at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...