Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Sparkly Rainbow Unicorn Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight + RCC #13)


Hello everyone! :o)

This is my second post today. If you missed the first one, just scroll down or follow a direct link here.


Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this Sparkly Rainbow Unicorn Card.


For my card I used stamps from an ADORABLE Jane's Doodles 'Unicorn' stamp set.


How I made my card...

I stamped an Unicorn on a watercolor paper and colored him in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the Unicorn, traced edges with black marker and softened him with a stylus ball on a soft working mat.

I stamped another Unicorn on a white cardstock paper, fussy cut him out, leaving white border around him, and glued colored Unicorn over him.

I drew sparkles on the Unicorn with a white pigment ink pen. To do so, I was inspired with AMAZING coloring by Marika Gewalli of Craftybit Creations (find it here)Thank you for the inspiration, Marika!!  

Next up was a background. I placed a starry stencil on a white cardstock paper panel and spread a white structure paste through the stencil directly on the panel. I left the structure paste dry on air. As the stencil is smaller than the panel, I repeated the process until I achieved enough starry background. :o)

After the panel dried completely, I glued it on a white top folded card base and glued another white panel inside the card. I heat embossed a sentiment in white on a black cardstock paper, cut a stripe, glued foam tape on the back of it and placed the sentiment on the card.

I love dimension on my cards, so I glued some foam on the Unicorn too, placed him on the card and my card was finished. :o)


Card dimensions: 95 mm x 127 mm (3 3/4" x 5")

List of supplies :
  • Jane's Doodles 'Unicorn' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • black cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Hickory Smoke
    • Barn Door
    • Spiced Marmalade
    • Mustard Seed
    • Twisted Citron
    • Salty Ocean
    • Blueprint Sketch
    • Wilted Violet
  • Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
  • Uniball Signo White Pigment Ink
  • Marabu Light Structure Paste (805)
  • 3-D foam tape, 1 mm thick
  • 3-D foam scraps, 2 mm thick
  • double sided strong adhesive tape
  • UHU liquid glue
  • 'Oh My Stars! Mini' ARTplorations stencil
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • scissors
  • bone folder
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • palette knife (spatula) no. #1
  • water
  • powder bag
  • dry cloth

This Rainbow Color Card (RCC) is the thirteenth card I made for a Celebrating 30 Days of Pisces 2018 personal challenge. If you want to find out more about it, just follow the link provided. :o)



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Card Mania Challenges, CMC #102 - Embossing
Heat embossed the sentiment.

2) Inkspirational Challenges, Challenge #157 Designer's Choice - Mythical
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Paru's Card Making Challenges, March 2018 Challenge
This is my 14th entry to this challenge.

4) Penny Black and More Challenge, March Challenge - Feature a Creature


At the end of this post...

Jane has Easter sale and is offering 30% off in her store. Sale ends on March 30th April 1st 2018.



Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

10 comments:

  1. Oh kako je simpatičen ta tvoj samorog. Super si mu ponazorila lesk grive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet creation, thanks so much for joining in with out 'Feature a Creature' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wonderful mixed media card, Milka!! Love the textured stars on the back and the soarkling unicorn is just a delight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "sparkling", not "soarkling" :D I digitate too much in hurry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! That little colorful unicorn is perfect for the mythical challenge and I like how you created the background embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sparkly rainbow unicorn is so cute! he really pops against the dimensional background. thank you so much for sharing this sweet card with us at the penny black and more challenge.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Milka fabulous card design and colouring. Love his rainbow mane and the little stars on it. The background stars are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ACK! I love your sparkly little unicorn, who is absolutely delightful in her solo performance on the beautiful sparkly stage! Thank you for sharing your mythical magic in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card .Тhanks for joining our Card Mania challenge.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...