Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Speedy Recovery Card (CASology Week #293 GDT)


Hi everyone! :o)

I was delighted to be asked to be a Guest Designer at CASology for Week 293, after I won in their Week 287 challenge. :o)

This week's cue word is Cross.


I made this CAS (clean and simple), Speedy Recovery Card.


Design defined: 
One main image with a little dimension, simple color scheme and a lot of a white space works great on CAS designs.


How I made the card...

For my card I used stamps from Create a Smile 'Whimsical Wheels' stamp set.

I stamped an ambulance vehicle on a watercolor paper and colored it in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the vehicle and traced edges with black marker.

Watercolor paper I use is very thin. To make the image thicker, I stamped the vehicle one more time on a white cardstock paper, fussy cut it, traced edges with black marker and glued together both vehicles: white and colored one.

Then I stamped a sentiment directly on a top folded white card base and glued some colored paper stripes on the card base to ground the image. I glued some foam on the back of the ambulance vehicle, place it on the card and my card was finished. :o)


    Card dimensions: 89 mm x 121 mm (3 1/2" x 4 3/4")

    List of supplies:
    • Create a Smile 'Whimsical Wheels' stamp set
    • white cardstock paper
    • watercolor paper
    • black cardstock paper
    • red patterned paper from Create a Smile 'Snow Dance' kit
    • grey patterned paper from a Create a Smile enamel stickers package
    • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
    • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
      • Barn Door
      • Hickory Smoke
      • Black Soot
    • Stabilo Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
    • UHU liquid glue
    • double sided strong adhesive tape
    • foam tape, 1 mm thick
    • foam sheet scraps, 2 mm thick
    • Fiskars High Precission Personal Paper Trimmer
    • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
    • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
    • scissors
    • water
    • paper towels

    I hope you'll like my CAS card and got inspired. Stop by the CASology  and see amazing cards from the Design Team made for this challenge. Do join us, we can't wait to see your CAS creations. :o)



    I'm linking my card to following challenges:
    Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

    1) Paru's Card Making Challenges, March 2018 Challenge
    This is my 13th entry to this challenge.


    2) The Corrosive Challenge Blog, Challenge #3: March - Anything Goes


    Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by later today, I'll be posting again. Enjoy and smile! :o)


    Milka

    6 comments:

    1. Wow.. that 'cross' is amazing Milka! I won't have even thought of that cross :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. So glad you could join us as a guest designer! Your card is wonderful! Great design!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Fantastic card! Thanks you for joining with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry.
      Maritza DT

      ReplyDelete
    4. What a great contribution as guest designer, Milka!

      ReplyDelete

    PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

    Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

    Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

    Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

    Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...