Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Rainbow Butterflies Card I (RCC #3)

Hello everyone! :o)

Today I want to share with you this Rainbow Butterflies Card I.


This Rainbow Color Card (RCC) is the third card I made for a Celebrating 30 Days of Pisces 2018 personal challenge. If you want to find out more about it, just follow the link provided. :o)


How I made my card...

I blended Distress Ink colors on a white cardstock paper panel, following a rainbow pattern, and die cut some pretty butterflies. :o)

For this card I used only butterfly's inserts. I used other pieces (butterflies outlines) for another card, which I'll share tomorrow here on my blog. :o)

Then I die cut two bold butterflies and two detailed butterflies from the white cardstock paper, glued one of each together and inserted all those pieces on "the right place". I enjoyed so much in this process. :o)

To add more interest, I coated colored parts with Clear Wink of Stella and drew white dots on butterflies' wings.


I really liked how my butterflies turned out, so I decided to use only them on my card, no sentiment or any embellishment.

I glued a white cardstock paper panel outside and inside of a white top folded card base, glued butterflies on the card and my card was finished. :o)


Card dimensions: 102 mm x 134 mm (4" x 5 1/4")

List of supplies:
  • Sizzix butterfly thinlits die 
  • Sizzix Bigz Die
  • white cardstock paper
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Candied Apple
    • Spiced Marmalade
    • Mustard Seed
    • Twisted Citron
    • Salty Ocean
    • Blueprint Sketch
    • Wilted Violet
  • Uniball Signo White
  • ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
  • UHU liquid glue
  • Sizzix Big Shot
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
  • bone folder
  • Micropore tape
  • Crystal Katana



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) CASology, Week 290: Abstract
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

abstract (adjective) - relating to or denoting art that does not attempt to represent external reality, but rather seeks to achieve its effect using shapes, colours, and textures (source: Google dictionary)

2) Paru's Card Making Challenges, March 2018 Challenge
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! The rainbow on white really pops! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING the rainbow on these butterflies!! GORGEOUS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the colors!! Perfect take on the cue!! Thank you for playing along with us at CASology!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...